Call: +91 22-6103 67 00/12 | EMail:

Working in United States

Working with study

The United States continues to be one of the most attractive countries for immigrants and international students, and many look for USA work opportunities as they move.

If you want to get a USA work visa as an international student, you will be eligible for an F1 Visa, M1 Student Visa.

Working With F1 Visa

The F1 Visa is granted to international students who are attending an academic program of full time students status at an accredited college or university in the United States and you are allowed to stay in the U.S. for up to 60 days after graduation from your degree program.

You are allowed to work 20 hours or less per week at a job on campus or of campus from very first day of program, and must report your working hours to your university on a regular basis.

Working With M1 Visa

You are also eligible to complete practical training in your field of study for 12 months after graduation, at which point you are allowed to work on a full-time basis in your industry.

The M-1 Visa does not permit you to work in the USA, but does allow you to enter the country legally and pursue an education. M-1 visas are granted to individuals attending a technical or vocational program, and you will need to provide proof that you can support yourself without having to work in the USA.